Bonds set for the two men arrested after missing Walker woman’s body found

WALKER — Bonds have been set for the two men arrested after the body of a Walker woman, who had been missing for nearly two weeks, was found. Both men were arrested Friday morning in connection to Sarah Santini’s death.

Bobby Schneider, 34, of St. Amant, is charged with second degree murder and unlawful disposal of human remains. His bond has been set at $275,000 along with several holds.

Walker Police also arrested and charged Gregory Baker, 56, also of St. Amant, with accessory after the fact and unlawful disposal of human remains. His bond is set at $50,000.

Walker Police Chief David Addison said two murder weapons were located at the scene where her body was found. Officials now have said Santini was stabbed to death. The knife allegedly used, was located at the scene.

WATCH NOW: Walker Police confirm body found is missing woman, Sarah Santini

Officials say Sarah Santini’s body was found on a gravel roadway at a hunting lease located just off of Hwy. 63 around 10 a.m. on Oct. 19.

Bobby Schneider

Schneider was arrested two weeks ago in Ascension Parish as a fugitive from Livingston Parish. He was then transported to Livingston Parish’s detention center for unrelated charges. Since then, he’s now been charged in Santini’s homicide. If he makes his $275,000 bond, he still has holds pending in Livingston, Ascension and Probation & Parole.

Baker was arrested early Friday morning, Oct. 20. Chief Addison said both men had allegedly met Santini at a party.

Walker Police say Santini’s body was found wrapped in a shower curtain and “foul play is absolutely suspected.”

The discovery comes after Walker Police & Livingston Sheriff’s deputies had been searching several areas in Ascension Parish, LaPlace and Livingston Parish for Sanitini, 60, since Oct. 11. Santini was last heard from on Oct. 3, according to her family, and her car was found at the Walmart in LaPlace, but she was not in it.

Santini’s granddaughter Jordyn Dubose tells UWK that Santini had visited them in Mobile, Alabama, in late September for a party. She went home on Oct. 2.

Santini spoke with her daughter on Oct. 3, but when the daughter tried to reach her on Oct. 4, her phone was dead.

“My mom was texting her (Santini), sending her Facebook messages, and she wasn’t responding,” Dubose recalled. “My mom and I live in Mobile, Alabama, so we couldn’t just go to her house. My mom contacted her brother, who does live in the area. Once he got there, there were police officers there, and they let us know that they received some information that she was missing.”

Walker Police have said Santini was last seen leaving her trailer on S. Palmetto Dr. in Walker around Oct. 6 at night into the early morning hours of Oct. 7 in her black Mustang.

Dubose’s uncle visited Santini’s house on Oct. 11.

Chief Addison said the crime lab used Santini’s fingerprints to confirm her identity as well as her distinct tattoos.

Download the Unfiltered with Kiran app from the Apple App Store and Google Play to stay updated on any new developments.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Interested in advertising with us?

We’d love to have you on the team! Drop us a line and we’ll be happy to follow up. 


Let's Connect

Follow along on your favorite social media platform and get the latest updates directly in your feed!

Got a tip on a story?

Submit a Tip

Have a tip on a story? Send it directly to our team using the form below!