The law firm representing the family of the 2-year-old who died after consuming fentanyl announced the family plans to sue the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
Mitchell Robinson, 2, died of an “acute fentanyl overdose” in June 2022. Sources told Unfiltered with Kiran in August, that a doctor notified DCFS, both in April and June that the toddler may have overdosed on fentanyl. However, DCFS needed more proof and allegedly did nothing.
Ron Haley, the attorney representing the family said in a letter sent out, that “DCFS has failed in its most fundamental, basic and necessary duty; ensuring toddlers do not die from known situations of appalling neglect.”
The toxicology on the child showed a presence of 14 nanogram/milliliter of Fentanyl in his system. Anything over 3 nanogram/milliliter in adults is considered toxic. The toddler was nearly five times the lethal level. Fentanyl ranks as the second most powerful opioid.
“DCFS was notified of two prior overdoses by this innocent child and yet, this child was not removed from his mother’s custody,” Haley said in the statement.
Robinson’s mother, Whitney Ard, was arrested and charged in his death.