Autopsy reveals 26-yr-old died in Tigerland beating from blunt force trauma to the head

BATON ROUGE, La. — The East Baton Rouge Coroner’s Office reports the cause of death for a 26-yr-old man who died Tigerland early Saturday morning is blunt force trauma to the head. The manner of death is a homicide.

Devin Repath, 26, of Avondale, was in Baton Rouge celebrating his friend’s bachelor party. Their evening out started with an LSU game and they were rounding out the night at Fred’s in Tigerland, Repath’s dad JP Repath tells UWK.

Tigerland death, Devin Repath
Devin Repath, 26, of Avondale (Courtesy: JP Repath)

It was after 1 a.m. on Saturday, March 23, 2024 when Repath and some of his friends went to Fred’s. The investigation into exactly what happened inside and outside of Fred’s is ongoing by BRPD officers. In fact, an officer was on the scene working extra-duty at the time.

Credible sources confirm to UWK that Repath was punched one time while outside of Fred’s in the parking lot knocking him to the ground.

Repath was rushed to a hospital. His dad JP tells UWK, when he woke up Saturday morning, he had numerous missed calls and texts telling him to get to the Our Lady of the Lake Hospital in Baton Rouge for Devin.

JP Repath with his son Devin Repath (Courtesy: JP Repath)

“They just said Devin is in critical condition and in the ICU, get here now,” said Repath. Then Monday morning around 10 a.m., Repath said he was advised his son had passed and they would procure his organs since he was an organ donor.

“This is so hard. I would have never, ever, ever, ever thought this would have happened. I mean, who I guess does? But Friday evening when he left to go to Baton Rouge, I said, ‘You know, come home safe. You have your kids to come home to safe.’ He told me, ‘I know that pops.’ That was the last thing I said to him,” said Repath.

Devin leaves behind his girlfriend and their 4-yr-old and 6-month-old children. They were all planning to go to Mexico in a few weeks for his friend’s wedding in which he was supposed to be a groomsman, his dad told UWK.

“He was a special guy and he touched numerous lives,” said Repath.

An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause and manner of death.

The owner of Fred’s, Mark Fraioli, spoke to UWK saying, “It’s just a senseless tragedy that breaks our hearts for his family. Our hearts go out to his family. We are fully cooperating with law enforcement on this investigation.”

Anyone willing to help the family with funeral costs can head to the GoFundMe link.

Download the Unfiltered with Kiran app from the Apple App Store and Google Play for any new developments.

3 Responses

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Interested in advertising with us?

We’d love to have you on the team! Drop us a line and we’ll be happy to follow up. 


Let's Connect

Follow along on your favorite social media platform and get the latest updates directly in your feed!

Got a tip on a story?

Submit a Tip

Have a tip on a story? Send it directly to our team using the form below!