Over the last several weeks, narcotics detectives from the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office and Louisiana State Police had been looking into an individual by the name of John Kinchen.
During the investigation, agents conducted two controlled purchases of Fentanyl from Kinchen. That led to agents getting an arrest warrant for him and two search warrants for addresses allegedly used by Kinchen (2606 Jefferson Ave. in EBR and 43164 Bayside Ct. in Ascension).
On Jan. 19, 2022, EBRSO narcotics agents and an EBRSO K-9 arrested Kinchen.
EBRSO Narcotics, LSP Narcotics, LSP Fugitive Task Force, LSP Gaming and Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office simultaneously executed search warrants in East Baton Rouge and Ascension Parish.
The following was seized as a result:
· 3.6 ounces of Fentanyl (approx. street value $9,000)
· 1.65 ounces of Amphetamine
· 20 grams of powder cocaine
· 7 grams of methamphetamine
· 12 ounces of Marijuana
· $2,943 (pending seizure)
· 5 handguns
· 1 stolen handgun
· Numerous high capacity magazines
· Numerous items used to “cut” fentanyl
John Kinchen’s chages:
· Dist. of Sch. II (Fentanyl) 2 counts
· PWITD Sch. II (Fentanyl)
· PWITD Sch. II (Amphetamine)
· PWITD Sch. II (Methamphetamine)
· PWITD Sch. II (Cocaine)
· PWITD Sch. I (Marijuana)
· Poss. of a Firearm with CDS
· Poss. of a Stolen Firearm
· Poss. of Drug Paraphernalia