Assumption Parish Deputies arrested a Bertrandville man on multiple felony warrants.
Deputies arrested Travis Lamont Shepard, 37 after he allegedly fired shots into a home near Bertrandville.
Deputies responded to a call of shots fired in the home on July 9. After an investigation, officials said the person who filed the complaint had filed a protective order against Shepard.
Law enforcement executed a search warrant where the gun believed to be used in the shooting was found. Shepard had a prior felony conviction, which prohibited him from having a gun. Officials say Shepard was in a relationship with the complainant.
Shepard was arrested on July 12 and booked into the Assumption Parish Detention Center on charges of:
- Aggravated Criminal Damage to Property
- Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Convicted of Certain Felonies
- Violation of a Protective Order
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Shepard remains incarcerated with bond set at $125,000.