The Twisted Burgers restaurant in Plaquemine was shut down after an undercover officer was sent in a week ago according to Plaquemine Police.
Plaquemine Chief Kenny Payne said the restaurant, located at 22325 Hwy 1 in Plaquemine, would allegedly turn into a ‘strip club’ every Thursday night. Chief Payne said on Feb. 17, 2022, his office received a tip that Thursday nights, the restaurant’s owner allegedly had women stripping on tables, for groups and privately for men.
The following Thursday, Feb. 24, 2022, Chief Payne said the police department sent in an undercover officer who caught the alleged stripping on camera. That’s when officers went inside the burger joint and issued summons to seven women.
- Timisha Mason, 23, of Baton Rouge – Obscenity & Possession of Schedule 1
- Kieshawna Peak, 25, of White Castle — Obscenity & Possession of Schedule 1
- Kiara Patterson, 26, of Sorrento — Obscenity
- April Williams, 23, of Sorrento — Obscenity
- Adriana Williams, 25, of Donaldsonville — Obscenity
- Lori Pinkney, 20, of Baton Rouge — Obscenity
- Brianna Franklin, 21, of Baton Rouge — Obscenity & Possession of Schedule 1
Charges for the owner of the restaurant, David McLaughlin, are pending right now according to the chief.
Twisted Burgers has been shut down since Feb. 24, 2022. The future of the restaurant now lies in the hands of the Plaquemine City Council Members. The Plaquemine Police Dept. will take the case before the council at the upcoming meeting on Tuesday, March 8, 2022 to review the restaurant’s occupational and liquor licenses.