Assumption Parish deputies arrested a Houma man following a pursuit near Labadieville Friday afternoon.
Quintin Jared Ward, 30, was arrested on multiple felony charges. Officials say a deputy noticed Ward driving a vehicle near the Assumption/Lafourche Parish line.
The deputy was aware of a pursuit on Nov. 21, 2022, when another deputy attempted to stop the same vehicle Ward was driving. Officials say Ward ditched the vehicle in the November pursuit and fled on foot. Warrants were issued for his arrest at that time in connection with a domestic incident.
On Friday, the deputy attempted to stop the vehicle being driven by Ward to arrest him for the outstanding warrants. Ward once again tried to evade authorities.
Ward allegedly made a U-turn and headed back north on LA 1. When approaching the Pine Street area, the suspect vehicle struck a set of spike strips that had been deployed by other deputies, which punctured three tires.
The suspect continued until he turned onto Convent Street at which time he bailed out of the vehicle and ran carrying a blue bag. A short time later, Ward was arrested. The blue bag was found and contained significant amounts of methamphetamine and Fentanyl. Deputies also recovered a firearm believed to be Ward’s, a known convicted felon.
Ward remains incarcerated with a bond set at $630,000. On the parole/probation violation, Ward is being held without bond.
Ward was booked into the Assumption Parish Detention Center on charges of:
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Methamphetamine, 200 to 399 Grams
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Fentanyl
- Obstruction of Justice – 2 Counts
- Possession of a Firearms by a Convicted Felon
- Illegal Carrying of Weapons in the Presence of Controlled Dangerous Substances
- Resisting an Officer – 2 Counts
- Aggravated Flight from an Officer
- Parole Violation
In connection with the November 21, 2022, incident, Ward was charged with:
- Simple Criminal Damage to Property
- Resisting an Officer
- Possession of Oxycodone