Multiple sources have confirmed that several officials are now investigating a possible connection in five specific people shot in Baton Rouge.
All five were shot in the head. Of the five, four died and one was rushed to an area hospital.
At least three of the five are confirmed as homeless men and the body found Monday is most likely also a homeless man, according to sources.
The first homicide was a man found shot dead on N. Harrell’s Ferry. The next incident was a triple shooting about a mile away from the first homicide and about six hours apart. In the triple shooting, two people died and a third was taken to a hospital in critical condition. In the fifth victim’s case, his body was found also on N. Harrell’s Ferry in very close proximity to the first homicide. Sources said it appears his body had been there at least a few days, meaning he could have been shot around the same timeframe as the first four, but his body was not found until Monday.
The five in question are:
1. Friday, April 29, 2022 at N. Harrell’s Ferry at 2pm — Nikko Haney, 18, (homeless, white male) shot in head & died on scene READ STORY NOW
2. Friday, April 29, 2022 at Blvd. de Province at 8pm — Ryan Priest, 38, (homeless, white male) shot in head & died on scene READ STORY NOW
3. Friday, April 29, 2022 at Blvd. de Province at 8pm — Jaylon Carlin, 23, (black male) shot in head & died on scene
4. Friday, April 29, 2022 at Blvd. de Province at 8pm — unknown victim (homeless, white male) shot in head & transported to hospital
5. Monday, May 2, 2022 at N. Harrell’s Ferry around Noon — Joe Samuel Dundy, Jr., 25, (homeless, black male) shot in head, decomposing body found
Unfiltered with Kiran is told several high-ranking officials including the BR Police Chief & mayor are aware of the cases and the potential similarities among them, but that it may be too early for talk of whether there is yet again, a serial killer operating in Baton Rouge targeting homeless men. There’s also the question of whether this was a drug deal gone bad.
The FBI’s definition of a serial killer is the “unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.”
As many are well aware, both the Baton Rouge Police Chief Murphy Paul & East Baton Rouge Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome, refuse to work with Unfiltered with Kiran or respond to any questions.
Leave a Reply