BATON ROUGE —- A national problem with what appears to be robocall bomb threats is making its way to the Baton Rouge metro area.
It’s why three schools in East Baton Parish were locked down on Wednesday, Aug 16th after someone claimed to have called in a bomb threat at Baton Rouge Magnet High. Catholic High & SJA were also briefly locked down.
Last week, there was a similar issue at Denham Springs High with officials saying that too was a robocall.
Early reports indicated the lockdowns were out of precaution after a possible bomb threat call at Baton Rouge High Magnet.
Someone is said to have called saying he placed a bomb at Baton Rouge Magnet High School in the 2800 block of Government St. and he has a gun on him.
Even if it’s a hoax, schools and law enforcement must take the threat seriously.
After spending several hours trying to find the person and ensuring the students were safe, law enforcement cleared the area leaving only a few officers nearby.
Witnesses told UWK there was a very large presence of law enforcement in the area.
Government and Acadian area was shut down to traffic but has since re-opened.